As of the time of writing, the bookmakers have San Francisco at -9.5. Therefore, the spreadsheet is suggesting that the 49ers will win straight up, but Seattle will cover as +9.5 underdogs.
It's worth noting that the Seahawks have been cast as underdogs in the two regular season meetings of 2022 and failed to cover.
As for the total - it's 42.5. The Over went 0-2 in the meetings held in 2022.
Here are some notes dating back to 2001.
- Seattle are 12-7 against the spread when they're underdogs
- Seattle are 8-4 as road dogs against San Francisco
- The Over-Under is 19-21-3 in all games
- The Over-Under is 10-11 when the game is played in San Francisco's home venue
- The last post-season meeting between the two teams was in 2013. The final score was 23-17 to Seattle (they were four-point favourites). The total was set at 40, so it was a Push
- Jacksonville are 1-7 as underdogs against the Chargers. The one cover occurred in week 3 of the 2022 season when the Jags won straight up as +7.5 road dogs with a score of 38-10
- The Jags are 1-4 as underdogs when playing at the Chargers' home ground
- The Under is 2-11
- The Under is 2-5 when the Chargers are hosting Jaguars
- The Dolphins are 7-13-3 as underdogs
- Dolphins are 1-4-2 when playing as road underdogs in these meetings
- The Dolphins are 1-0-1 when cast as double digit underdogs
- The Under is 24-17-2 in all meetings
- The Under is 11-11-1 when the Bills are the designated home team
- The Giants are 6-5 as underdogs
- The Giants are 6-4 as road underdogs
- Cincinnati are 7-4 as favourites since 2001
- Cincinnati are 6-2 when cast as home favourites
- The Over is 22-22 since 2001
- The Over is 11-11 when the Bengals are the home team
I am taking this one reluctantly. History is siding with the Bengals when they're the favourites.
Dallas are two-and-a-half point faves and the line has been set at 45.5.
- The Dallas Cowboys are 4-3-1 as favourites since 2001
- The Cowboys are 2-1 as road favourites
- The Under is 8-3-1 since 2001
- The Under is 2-2-1 when Tampa are the home team