I have had to make another couple of passes in regards to the Thursday Night Football pointspread and totals plays my spreadsheet has selected for tonight's game between the Jaguars and the Saints.
To start off, it has the total of the game to be forty points. The current total line is dead-on 40, so that was an immediate pass even before I looked over the database - of previous meetings between the two sides - to strengthen any cases for team or total.
As for taking Jacksonville +1 on the spread, it does not make for good reading. Here's what has deterred me from making it a confirmed play:
- Jaguars are 2-5 straight up in these meetings and 0-3 straight up when the games have been played in New Orleans
- Jaguars are 1-6 against the spread in these meetings and - when narrowed down to only fixtures played in New Orleans - they're, once again, 0-3
- Jaguars are 0-4 both straight up and against the spread when they have been cast as the underdog in these meetings. 0-3 is their win-loss record as road dogs in New Orleans
- The Over-Under is 3-4 in these meetings
- The Over-Under is 2-1 when the games have been played in New Orleans