I'll once again be passing on pointspread and totals recommended plays for Thursday Night Football.
In this week's fixture, the Seattle Seahawks travel to Dallas to take on the Cowboys.
My spreadsheet has the Cowboys winning by ten points and the total number of points to be forty-eight. Comparing my spreadsheet to the bookmakers' lines, the spreadsheet is calling for bets on Dallas as nine-point favourites and Over 47.5.
The database I use as an additional tool cannot find anything to give me confidence in either - or both - picks.
Here's what it has given as results. The data goes back to the 1995 season.
- The Cowboys are 7-9 straight up in these fixtures
- The Cowboys are 5-3 straight up when hosting the Seahawks
- The Cowboys are 8-8 against the spread in this match at home or as the road team
- The Cowboys are 4-4 in Dallas against the spread
- The Cowboys are 3-5 when cast as favourites in these meetings
- As home favourites against the Seahawks, the Cowboys are 3-5
And then there is the history of the total points in these fixtures.
- The Over-Under is 6-10 in all matches
- The Over-Under is 3-5 in Dallas
See what I mean? It has to be a pass.
The spreadsheet and database have only given five selections for Thursday Night Football over the thirteen weeks that have been played. The current record is 2-3.
Time is running out on 2023. This could be a losing year.