I'll be making another couple of passes when it comes to selecting a side and total in this week's Thursday Night Football.
That's because my spreadsheet has projected that the San Francisco 49ers will beat the New York Giants by two touchdowns and for the total number of points in the game to be forty-six.
With those predictions, the spreadsheet is calling to take the 49ers as ten-point home favourites and for the total to go Over 44.5. However, a look over the database - of results dating back to the 1995 season - has not filled me with confidence in strongly siding with the team and total plays.
Here are the database results of the 49ers .vs. Giants games since 1995:
- The 49ers are 8-7 straight up overall and 5-4 when playing at home
- The 49ers are 6-9 against the spread overall and 3-6 at home
- 49ers are 4-6 against the spread as favourites and 2-5 as home faves
- The 49ers are 1-1 as double digit faves
- The Over-Under is 7-8 overall and 4-5 when the 49ers are playing at home