Every New Year's Day, for the past few years, I've published a post where I have predicted things that would happen over the next fifty-two weeks. Then - on the final day of the year - I've looked back at the post to analyse where I made right or wrong (mainly wrong!) calls.
Here are my predictions for the next twelve months. There might be spoilers...
- Tetsuya Naito will become IWGP Heavyweight Champion in the main event of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4th
- Chris Jericho will defeat Kenny Omega in the semi-main event of Wrestle Kingdom 12
- At least one cast member of the Netflix series, GLOW, will be a participant of the first-ever women's Royal Rumble
- Andrew Luck will be traded from the Indianapolis Colts
- Against my better judgement because my head is telling me a European team is going to win, my heart is telling me to go with Brazil for the 2018 World Cup
- Manchester United will win the FA Cup
- Jose Mourinho will leave United over the summer
- Bill Goldberg will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
- The Undertaker and John Cena will wrestle each other at WrestleMania 34
- The Los Angeles Rams will win the Super Bowl
- Craig Bellamy will be named as the new coach of Wales
Happy New Year!