I read the other day that Walkers are bringing back some old flavour crisps with the intention to run a vote where customers can get one of these varieties back on the shelves permanently.
According to the article I read, the crisps being brought back for this promotion are: Barbecue, Lamb & Mint, Toasted Cheese, Cheese & Chive and Beef & Onion.
Here are my thoughts on the five:
1) I did like Barbecue but didn't really notice they had gone!
2) Lamb & Mint? I don't know if I've eaten these. If I had they evidently weren't memorable. Was it in one of those special contests before? I don't know.
3) Toasted Cheese - I don't recall having these ones either. Some crisp expert I am! I wouldn't mind trying them, though.
4) Cheese & Chive Walkers were not as good as the Pringles
5) WHAT!? Beef & Onion actually went? I did not know this and I will bet all the money in the world that this is the flavour that returns.
Oh, and the next important bit - whenever they decide what stays, one of the voters gets £100,000. Not bad at all.