The fireworks are blasting through the skies. A new decade is upon us. That means another post with spoilers (or not!) for the upcoming year is here.
Below are some things I've predicted for the year ahead. I plan to take a look back on December 31st to see how right, or more likely wrong, they were.
I'm going to start with something I've been going on about since the summer.
- Andrew Luck will come out of retirement, but it won't be for the Indianapolis Colts
- I may as well go all-in on my Luck prediction and say he'll be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer
- Kevin Owens will win the men's 2020 WWE Royal Rumble
- Shayna Baszler will win the ladies' 2020 WWE Royal Rumble
- Daniel Bryan .vs. Roman Reigns will be the main event of WrestleMania 36
- Eli Manning will depart the New York Giants and sign for the Chicago Bears
- Tyson Fury will lose by a split-decision to Deontay Wilder on February 22
- An NFC Team will win the Super Bowl (I'm tied between Green Bay and San Francisco, but leaning more on the latter)
- Joe Swash will win Dancing on Ice
- Belgium will win Euro 2020
- Liverpool will win the Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be sacked as Manchester United manager by Valentine's Day
- The Irishman will win an Oscar for Best Picture
- Martin Scorcese will win one for Best Director
- Adam Sandler will be Best Actor for his role in Uncut Gems
- Lucy Fallon will be a contestant on either Strictly Come Dancing or I'm a Celebrity 2020
- John Cena will win his 17th world title
- Kazuchika Okada will win this year's G1 Climax tournament