New Japan Pro Wrestling officially announced its card for WrestleKingdom 11 in a press conference yesterday.
The eleven bouts are:
- The special battle royal that has become a regular fixture on these shows as it's used to bring back some legends
- A battle between Tiger Mask W and Tiger Dark. This is playing off a story on the Tiger Mask cartoon that airs in Japan
- The Young Bucks .vs. Rocky Romero and Trent Baretta in a clash for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles
- A gauntlet match for the six-man title
- Cody Rhodes will make his NJPW debut against Juice Robinson
- Kyle O'Reilly will defend the ROH World Championship against Adam Cole
- Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa will defend the IWGP tag team titles against Togi Makabe and Honma
- Kushida versus Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr. title
- Shibata .vs. Hirooki Goto for the NEVER Openweight title
- Naito vs Tanahashi for the Intercontinental Title
- Okada vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP heavyweight strap
A loaded show that is, in my opinion, unmissable. I'm keen to see the final three matches that appear on the list.
The January 4th Tokyo Dome show is New Japan's equivalent to a WrestleMania. It will air live on the company's streaming service - New Japan World.
I watched this year's event live for the first time. It was a long morning, but fun nonetheless.