Sunday, February 20, 2011

WWE Elimination Chamber 2011

It's the final pay-per-view event before WrestleMania XXVII tonight when WWE presents Elimination Chamber.

It's on Sky Sports so I'll either be tuning in live (30% chance) or watching a recording of it tomorrow morning (70% chance).

Either way I'll be seeing it (!00% chance) unless, of course there is another power cut (umm, not sure what the chances are of that).

I'm not totally sold on the event, however.

It always seems to be a hit-or-miss sandwich filler between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

I long for the days when we had the Rumble in January and then Mania at the beginning of spring.

The bout - other than the two chamber matches - that I am looking forward to seeing is Jerry Lawler facing The Miz for the WWE title.

It will obviously end in some shenanigans involving Michael Cole costing Lawler the victory to lead to the two squaring off at WrestleMania. Still, it is interesting to see Lawler in a marquee bout at this stage in his career.

It would be cool for him to pull of an upset and win the strap but it's unlikely.

I'd give his chance of winning 10%.

And it's dropping with every word I type.


No comments:

Post a Comment