It looks like I'm repeating the failure that was last season.
Last week, I went 5-7 with picks. I'm now back in the red and have made a change in approach.
I've decided to scrap the plans on doing twelve selections on every fourth week. I realised that - at this current rate - it would be foolish of me to continue with the idea as I am not hitting over 60% each weekend.
With that said, there will be one week where I do twelve selections and that will be on the week of Thanksgiving in the USA. The reason why I have selected this week is because I would like to place a few prop bets on that Thursday night and will add them to the bet. I'll write more near to the time.
I've amended the first post in this series to coincide with the change in 'rules', 'guidelines' or what ever they can be classified as.
Week 4 Results
1) St. Pauli
2) PSV Eindhoven
3) Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers OVER 2.5 goals
4) AC Milan
5) Detroit +10
6) Tennessee -3
7) Racing Santander vs Valencia OVER 2.5 goals
8) Real Madrid
9) New Orleans -7
10) Buffalo -1.5
11) San Diego @ Pittsburgh OVER 43 points
12) Green Bay @ Minnesota OVER 45.5 points
Week 4 Stats
Stake = £40.83
Returns = £1.57
Profit/Loss = -39.26
Stake = £101.91
Returns = £84.64
Profit/Loss = -17.27
Total wins: 20
Total Losses: 25
Week 5 Picks
Please note: this week's bet is being placed at stanjames.com
1) MK Dons (English League 1)
2) Navy +11 (NCAAF)
3) Indiana +6.5 (NCAAF)
4) Stanford PICK (NCAAF)
5) Real Betis (Spanish 2nd League)
6) Carolina -4 (NFL)
7) Cincinnati @ Baltimore OVER 42 points (NFL)
8) New England @ Denver OVER 41 points (NFL)
9) Seattle -1 (NFL)
10) Atlanta +3.5 (NFL)
11) Brazil (Soccer World Cup Qualifier)
£20.36 block bet (doubles upwards @ 1p a line)